AIM Online Research Class (Student Fee of $1,150 early registration or $1,250 after May 31)
This is a year-long course is offered to students who have no research opportunity available at their school. This course features:
- AIM research curriculum and student activities provided in the Canvas learning management system, including the mobile app.
- Students will complete the online lessons, participate in virtual classroom activities, and engage in one-on-one communication to assist them as they develop their research project.
- Lessons directly tie to students’ personal research projects. This use-inspired research opportunity increases the relevance to the student.
- An interdisciplinary approach incorporates multiple subjects into student-specific, project-based learning.
The Science Coach provides:
- Support for research topics
- Assistance with research design
- Help with technical questions
- Weekly virtual meetings
- Oversight of student progress with support from the parent/adult in charge.
Students will have access to a database of professional mentors. With teacher support, students are responsible for pursuing mentor connections.
Biology science lab access is available in the St. Louis area (a full list of available equipment is provided upon request). Additional lab access is possible through an acquired mentor.
Students receive a formal completion certificate at the end of the course. (This is currently not a dual credit/ enrollment course. No grade or credit will apply to your high school transcript.)
A non-refundable deposit of $300 is due with this application. This is not a dual credit or enrollment class. No high school credit will be awarded. A certificate of completion and final grade will be awarded at the end of the course. Final payment is due before July 1, 2024. An invoice will be sent for the remaining amount due. Classes begin the week of August 19, 2024
Payments can be made in full at the time of application ($1,150), or you have the option to pay only the deposit ($300) at the time of application, paying the remaining balance at a later time ($850).